The Right Questions to Ask During Your Plastic Surgery Consultation
Deciding to have plastic surgery is a very serious and deeply personal decision. Many procedures can be life-changing, but the process can be stressful. Many patients weigh the benefits and risks in their minds for extended periods of time before scheduling a consultation with a plastic surgeon. Here are a few suggestions of what questions to ask in order to have a valuable consultation experience.
- Are you a member of the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? This question is important because surgeons belonging to this society must be board certified and maintain a specific level of professionalism, in addition to being committed to continuing education.
- Ask the surgeon his or her specific experience with the procedure you are interested in. Many surgeons have a specialty procedure that they have the most experience with.
- What results should I expect? It is important to discuss your surgical goals with your plastic surgeon so that realistic expectations can be established. Ask to see the surgeon’s before and after portfolio so you can adjust your expectations accordingly.
- What will my procedure involve? Where will my scars be? Take the time to ask your surgeon about the steps of your procedure so that you fully understand what your surgery entails. Ask if it is possible for scars to be hidden or minimized.
- How long will it take for me to recover? One of the most common questions following plastic surgery is “When can I go back to work?” A timeline for healing is unique to each patient and the procedure he or she has undergone. It is important that prior to your surgery, you have discussed probable recovery time with your surgeon.
Plastic Surgery Consultations in Calgary
If you are interested in booking a consultation for any of the procedures we offer, or to learn more information, contact us today. We can be reached at (403) 245-1228. We look forward to hearing from you!