These Details About Liposuction May Help You Move Toward Your Best Self
- Posted on: Oct 15 2017
Liposuction has been performed so often for so long that it’s easy to think we know all there is to know about this body-contouring procedure. Interestingly enough, a fair amount of misconception still exists about this and most other cosmetic surgery procedures. Here, we want to touch on five tiny details that patients want to know to make the decision that brings them toward their best self.
- Liposuction isn’t for “overweight people.” Men and women of all shapes and sizes may decide to contour their body with liposuction. In fact, this procedure isn’t intended for significant weight reduction; it is intended to refine what’s already there to bring out the best possible proportions. As such . . .
- Weight will not change much after liposuction. It is not necessary to remove a substantial amount of fat to create a significantly better silhouette. Modern liposuction techniques focus on the curve, not on the end-result regarding weight. Patients who are considering liposuction for an area such as the hips or abdomen are encouraged to move forward with surgery when they are near their ideal weight. Surgery is just the icing on the cake.
- Liposuction is a versatile procedure that may do much more than you imagine. Most people think of liposuction as a method of reducing waist circumference or hip size. These are wonderful objectives, but liposuction is capable of much more. This procedure may thin-out the upper arms, contour the backside, and even do away with a double-chin.
- Liposuction can be maximized with other procedures. The procedure that is most often performed in conjunction with liposuction is the abdominoplasty. However, some patients undergo procedures such as breast augmentation or even a face or neck lift alongside liposuction on a problem area.
- Results of liposuction are up to you. It is possible to enjoy a slimmer physique for life after liposuction, but this takes work. It takes good eating habits and a commitment to healthy exercise. Fortunately, both are relatively easy to maintain.
Are you interested in learning more about liposuction? We are happy to schedule a visit for you in our comfortable Calgary office. Call (403) 245-1228.
Posted in: Liposuction