What You Need to Know about a Browlift
- Posted on: Jul 21 2014
A browlift, also known as a forehead lift, is a procedure which helps reduce age-related issues. It serves numerous functions, including reducing wrinkles and lines on the forehead, and between the eyes.
Is this procedure right for you? Let’s take a closer look at what you should know about a browlift.
- How will a browlift improve my looks?A browlift procedure can benefit your appearance in many ways. The procedure raises sagging eyebrows, restores them to a more youthful position, and eliminate the appearance of unwanted facial wrinkles and lines.
- Can I combine a browlift with another procedure? Browlifts can be performed on their own, though they are often combined with additional procedures, such as facelift, or upper or lower eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty). Having a combination of procedures can significantly improve the look of your eyes, as well as the overall look of your face!
- What happen during a browlift procedure? Your browlift will be performed under intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Dr. Frank performs browlifts using incisions within your scalp. This technique will allow tissue and muscle beneath the skin to be adjusted, helping to correct visible creases in the forehead.
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure? Ideal candidates for a browlift are adults who are physically healthy, and non-smokers. Patients seeking this procedure wish to correct age-related cosmetic flaws, such as frown lines, that make them look older or “angry.” However, it is very important for patients to have realistic expectations about the procedure, since it will not make them perfect, or stop them from aging completely!
- How long will it take to recover from the browlift surgery? Recovery time often varies, depending on the individual patient. For most, it will take up to two weeks to heal properly. Sutures will be removed once your doctor has determined it is safe to do so.
Browlift Surgery in Calgary
Posted in: Uncategorized