Five Myths About Plastic Surgery
- Posted on: Nov 7 2014
As plastic surgery continues to grow in popularity, many myths and misinformation about these procedures have grown as well. Let’s take a look at some common myths and misconceptions about plastic surgery.
Five Myths About Plastic Surgery:
- Plastic surgery is only for vain people. Plastic surgery is performed for many reasons, and not for vanity alone. For example, women who suffer from having overly large breasts or who have undergone treatment for breast cancer may opt for a breast reduction or reconstructive breast surgery to restore their appearance. Plastic surgery can also corrects defects, such as a cleft palates, or deviated nasal septum, giving a patient a more natural appearance.
- Only the wealthy can afford it. While plastic surgery was once considered a luxury that only the wealthy could afford, financing plans have made it more accessible and affordable than ever before. Today, patients undergoing plastic surgery come from all income levels and age ranges.
- Plastic surgery is only for women. These days, more and more men are exploring plastic surgery procedures. Popular procedures for men include liposuction, facelifts, and even breast reductions.
- The results of plastic surgery last forever, and won’t leave scarring. While plastic surgery can give you years of satisfaction, results are usually not permanent. Many factors determine how long your results will last, including your overall health as you age. As for scarring, cosmetic surgeons are more adept than ever at reducing visible scarring following surgery. However, all types of plastic surgery leave behind some scarring, though the scars will fade with time.
- Plastic surgery is the same thing as cosmetic surgery. While these two terms may seem interchangeable, cosmetic surgery focuses on enhancing a person’s appearance. Plastic surgery focuses on repairing certain defects on a person’s body, restoring a more normal appearance.
Are You Considering Plastic Surgery? Contact Dr. Ryan Frank.
If you are considering undergoing plastic surgery, or have any questions about how it can benefit you, don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Ryan Frank today. Our office is located in Calgary, Alberta, and we can be reached at 403.245.1228. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Tagged with: Plastic Surgery
Posted in: Plastic Surgery