In the world of cosmetic surgery, breast augmentation is one of the most requested procedures among patients. Breast augmentation is performed for various reasons, like to restore breast size following events events as weight-loss or pregnancy, which may cause breasts to shift in size or shape.
Are you considering breast augmentation? If so, here are some of the most important things to know about this procedure.
- You must have realistic expectations about your surgery. Since any cosmetic surgery comes with risks, patients must have realistic expectations about their procedure. Despite what many people think, plastic surgery cannot make you perfect. However, breast augmentation can enhance your appearance and restore a sense of self-confidence.
- Patients must be involved in planning their surgery. It is important for patients to ask questions before any surgery, so they will be aware of both the risks and benefits of the procedure they are about to undergo. When it comes to breast augmentation surgery, patients must choose a breast implant size that is suitable for their body so that they will look natural. Patients are not advised to choose an implant size that is too large for their body, since this can lead to complications.
- Breast implants are not considered permanent. Women’s bodies change frequently, especially due to pregnancy, weight gain, and menopause, all of which may cause implants to shift or breast shape to change. At some point in the future, the patient may need to undergo a second breast augmentation or lift.
- No surgery is the same for every woman. Breast augmentation surgery is a highly personal procedure, and it is tailored to meet the specific needs of each patient.
- Risks during this surgery are rare. There are risks with any surgery, and breast augmentation is no exception. Possible early complications may include swelling, pain, scarring, and infection. The most common possible late complication is implant displacement and capsular contracture. These complications will be discussed with you in detail during your consultation.
Contact Dr. Frank for more information about Breast Augmentation.
If you are interested in having breast augmentation surgery, or want to learn more about any other procedures we offer, contact Dr. Ryan Frank today. We can be reached at (403) 245-1228!